Agape is looking for relational, energetic, disciplinary, and enterprising individuals to fill the open spots in our after-school program, Backyard Bible Club. Click BBC worker Application (3) for the application. To apply, send your resume, cover letter, and application to Anne Vickers at firstname.lastname@example.org. See below for a job description:
Agape Development Ministries: After-school Program Worker
Mission: bringing hope and transformation to Houston’s Third Ward, through economic, emotional, and spiritual empowerment.
Contact Person: Anne Vickers
Phone Number: 713-658-1001
Email Address: Anne@agapedevelopment.org
Location/Branch: 6401 Calhoun Rd. Houston, TX 77021
Job Title: Backyard Bible Club Worker
Compensation: $8-10/hr, 90 day trial period
Weekly Schedule: Mondays – Thursdays 2:30-6pm during the school year; weekly staff meetings; occasional weekend events (ask for more details)
- Execute an after school program with physical, educational, and spiritual components designed by Agape staff members
- Including preparation & set-up
- Also including complete clean up of the space after BBC
- Engage kids and create an atmosphere of excitement as more than just a place to go.
- Have a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record. Will assist in picking up and dropping off children before and after BBC.
- Occasionally assist in Agape volunteer recruitment events
- takes time to get to know the children
- builds trust with children
- learns the children’s stories
- speaks with children’s parents occasionally
- excitement for all BBC activities, upbeat
- encourages children to join in on the fun
- positive attitude at all times
- able to calmly (no shouting, no extreme emotions or actions) correct children
- reminds children of expected behavior and BBC rules before problems occur
- not afraid to put a child in time-out
- not concerned with being perceived as “the bad guy” when it is necessary
- team player – respects supervisor’s decisions and comes to her with any concerns, major or minor
- knows what their responsibilities are and takes on any responsibilities given to them
- eager to incorporate new ideas of their own, ideas from supervisor, and/or ideas from other BBC staff
- wants to use their gifts and abilities to best serve the children at BBC
If you enjoyed this article, please consider sharing it!